Thursday, September 2, 2010

instant gratification.

Yesterday I woke to the sound of no rain falling. So basically I woke up to the sound of normal life activity. But it was overcast. Gazing through the leaves I found myself assuming that it was going to be a crisp fall day. And with that thought came the emotions of fall and winter- scarves, cocoa, and at Christmas, the loosely knit camaraderie of acquaintances. I wanted it to be fall yesterday. It was September 1st- in my almanac that is fall. The leaves should be falling right now- and not just because we have a level orange air pollution watch. I ached for fall.


But nothing good comes without patience. Fine wines, pregnancy, and the owner of the *worlds longest mustache prove that good things come to those who wait. So for now I will be patient. I will wait and anticipate autumn in this tropical wasteland.

*if a long mustache is your hearts desire. Or in this case, a fanciful mustache. Question: how is this man bald yet have such an excessive amount of hair in other locations? (Note: that is not a scarf.)

No comments:

Post a Comment