Monday, November 8, 2010

average.

Today I applied to a class that focuses on Law, Politics and the Supreme Court. This honors course has an expenses paid research trip to the Library of Congress over spring break. I really wanted to do this. I'm not in the honors college. I knew it would be hard. Like really hard. I was supposed to find out if I was accepted by the end of today. Its 1:30 AM. The end of the day was approximately an hour and a half ago. So I'm pretty sure I didn't get in.

1.) I'm a little upset. What an amazing opportunity that would have been.
2.) Why was I upset? Did somebody doubt my intelligence? Would people have viewed me as "exceptional" if I was to go on such a trip? Am I average now?

MLIA. My life is average. Is that so bad? Everybody can't be exceptional at everything. So much of my drive to take the class was so I could do something exceptional. But you know what? I'm average. And thats great. It just opens up a door for something else in my life to become exceptional. And at least that door may hold something more interesting than law, politics and the Supreme Court.

The following is from mylifeisaverage.com:

Today, I flicked a little spider off my table, and as soon as I looked at it, it stopped running and played dead. Then when I went down to finish the job, it ran away. How could I kill a creature THAT smart? MLIA


How can you not love being average?

No comments:

Post a Comment