Wednesday, October 6, 2010

anticipation.

This Xmas tree is pretty swell.
And you could leave it up all
year and tell people its a
rocket ship.
For me, the best part of the holidays is anticipation. Actually for the most part of all holidays, except lent, anticipation is my favorite part. And I'm not Catholic or Lutheran so I don't really know why I celebrate lent. I usually give up something I'm allergic to, so I guess you know where my heart really lies. Right now I am anticipating Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love Christmas music. Charlie Brown is the bomb, Rudolph is all over that diversity thing, and McCauley Culkin, based on his weirdness factor, will probably always be Home Alone at Christmas.

Why is anticipation the best part? We get to imagine. We imagine situations, food, colors, and feelings. And at Christmas all of these senses are magnified to crazy awesome levels. I think that anticipation is really one of the only ways that Americans really dream and use imagination. Thats why we love it. But Christmas is coming soon. So you best get your imagination fired up.

The song "Christmas is Coming" by Blitzen Trapper is perfect for this imagination/anticipation phase. They really have a unique Christmas experience, including, but not limited to Donkey Kong, making love in stolen cars, and stained slacks. I couldn't find a video. But I found a free legal download for you, of a song I legally purchased the other day. Fantastic lyrics. Fantastic song. Fantastic its almost Christmas, but I still have a ton of work to do sentiment. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment