Friday, October 1, 2010

authenticity.

I can't remember where I heard this, (I think maybe from a movie called Art & Copy) but its the concept that "The biggest risk you can take is to be authentic." Could that be more true?  So many people make decisions because they conform to what their surroundings have approved. What is the best example of this:


Have you ever seen a Barbie with an imperfection? Does Barbie ever come with scars or freckles? Okay her legs are so long that if she was flexible enough I'm pretty sure she could use them as a jump rope. While she has branched out to other activities other than managing her dream mansion from her pink limo, (she had a short and illustrious career at McDonalds before she opened her own pet grooming business) barbie fits into a plastic mold of conformism in every scenario. And I meant that very literally. While I guess somebody has to perfect, I'm so thankful I'm not.


I'm posting this like a week later: So I was reading a blog today, and did I ever find barbies who take risks.



A Boy George doll. Thats one definition of authenticity.

No comments:

Post a Comment