Wednesday, October 6, 2010

explosive.

Isn't it kind of fascinating that anything can take on a characteristic. This idea is kind of abstract, but hang with me for at least one more minute. Like a person can choose to be a style or genre or personality. And we can choose. While I know genre is usually used for music or literature, I think a human can be a genre too. While we, to a certain extent, really have no control on exactly who we are, we are born that way, I think its the coolest thing that we can choose. You can reinvent who you are, or clothe yourself with a different style. And at the end of the day, we're all basically the same. We're flesh, blood, and skeleton.

Look at music. Music can embody so many different feelings. Recently, much to the chagrin of my ear drums,  explosive music has been resonating with me. I don't know if you listen to Sleigh Bells, but you should. And you should also love it and dream about it when you sleep. This song is loud. So if you're in church or something don't click on this.



Do you know what is crazy awesome about this? The vocals and music are written by a school teacher. Can you imagine a parent teacher conference. "Well in my free time I write explosive rock music, and make sexually suggestive noises in most songs, and I also teach your children how to read." I love it.

 I love the fact that we can change, can you imagine how horrible life would be if we were forced to only be and live as one entity? There are 6 billion of us on the earth right now. And I am so thankful that I have the liberty and freedom to choose to do what I want. Maybe I will be explosive today. Or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment